Thursday, November 14, 2013

Chicken Scallopine with Lemon Sauce


My friend Alicia sent me this recipe and it is so good. I prepared it last week to rave reviews! I used 2 chicken breasts for my recipe since I was cooking for two and served it on top of a wonderful lemon rice. I flattened my chicken as much as possible without the correct tools, but the flatter the better. That way you will get an even and quicker cook on the breast. Thanks for the recipe Alicia!


Chicken Scallopine with Lemon Sauce 

4 portions of Veal, Chicken, Pork or Turkey
 2 eggs
2 T milk
 1 t salt
 1 t pepper
flour
½ C white wine
 2 C chicken stock
 1/3 C olive oil
 1/3 C vegetable oil
6 T butter
 1 lemon thinly sliced
1 juice of lemon
 2 T parsley  

Whisk eggs, milk, salt & pepper. 
Heat oils. 
Dredge scallopine in flour, dip in egg mix, pan fry, brown evenly, drain on paper towel.  
Remove pan from heat, discard oil, wipe out pan. 
Add half of butter, melt. 
Add lemon slices, cook until golden, remove. 
Add remaining butter, wine & lemon juice, bring to vigorous boil, syrupy. 
Add stock, boil, reduce by half, about 5 minutes. 
Add scallopine, heat thru & serve, sprinkle with parsley. 

No comments:

Post a Comment