Thursday, November 14, 2013

Chorizo, Sausage and Garbanzo Soup

This recipe is also adapted from the November 2013 issue of Delicious and like the previous posting it is as the magazine name suggests. Some of the items were subbed because of what I could find at my local grocer. The chorizo is important because it flavors the entire recipe, so make sure you use it. I bought a 225g link and sliced it because I could find nothing marked cooking chorizo. The initial recipe called for more pork sausage than I thought was needed and I loved those canned cherry tomatoes so much from the last recipe that I used those instead of fresh. Here is my version of this very tasty soup that will warm you on a chilly night.

Chorizo, Sausage and Garbanzo Soup

Fry 1 red onion, thinly sliced, in a little olive oil for 10 minutes. Add 225g chorizo, sliced and the meat from 3 pork sausages to the pan and fry for 10 minutes, breaking up the sausage meat with a wooden spoon. Add 1 TBSP. fennel seeds and fry 1 minute more. Stir in 1 400g tin of cherry tomatoes and 1 litre of chicken stock, then season well. Simmer 20 minutes, covered, then add 1 400g tin garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed and simmer 5 more minutes. Add a handful of chopped fresh flat leaf  parsley and 1/4 cup of double cream. Season to taste and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment